IT Administrator I – DC FC – GID Western Fulfillment Center
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The IT Administrator I works in a Distribution/Fulfillment Centerenvironment. This role monitors and controls computing systems and associatedperipheral devices to ensure continuous and effective operation; determinesequipment setup and procedures for running such equipment. This role is ageneralist for support needs for the business operations.
What you'll do
- Provide second level technical support tointernal customers' workstations, peripherals, RF devices, Thin Clients andassociated systems.
- Resolve reported problems related to hardware,operating systems, applications, security/software updates, materials handlingsystems, and configuration issues.
- Utilize technical knowledge and understanding ofend-user and infrastructure systems to work on projects and participate ontechnical project teams.
- Understand customer group's objectives and howtheir work can help the business realize its goals or, in the event ofproblems, adversely affect their productivity.
- Support the installation of new end-user andinfrastructure systems and upgrades.
- Create or modify procedures to solve problems,some of which may have no existing policies or processes.
- Interface with all levels of IT management in business terms.
- Proven quality analytical, organizational, oraland written communication skills.
- Proven history of consistent execution ofdelegated work and quality performance within a team.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quicklyand analyze problems effectively.
- Possess Operating Systems troubleshooting skillsin: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux operating systems and mobile platforms.
- Experience in hardware troubleshooting skills:PC, MAC, Mobile Devices, Thermal label printers, HP / Dell / Ricoh / Xeroxprinters, IP Networks, RF Devices, thin clients and Wireless
- 3 years of current IT Support Experience. PriorWarehouse Operations and Enterprise environment Technical Support a plus
- Basic industry certifications such as CompTIAA+, CompTIA Network+, or equivalent certification or education preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top