Inventory Planner - North America Online
About the role
The role of the IM team is to maximize sales and margin through the strategic positioning of inventory investments and the methodical management of in-season profitability. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Ownership of business spans US and Canada Online markets.
Pre-season- Own department pre-season planning through seasonal tops-down financial planning, item level buy-plans, and assortment architecture. Create strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams.
In-season- Owns department in-season yield management through monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment and in-season pricing strategies.
What you'll do
- Manage to sales, gross margin, and inventory
goals by creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments at the style level to support.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities across owned areas.
- Create department and class pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory pla
ns that align to company budget targets and support compelling commercial plans
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities. Create style-color level buy plans that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, and inventory targets. Manage monthly open to buy forecast; incorporate current trends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans.
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience.
- Cultivate strong working relationships multiple cross-functional partners to ensure business success.
- Business Acumen- Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
- Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management- Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- Peer Relationships- Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
- Customer Focus- Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
- Dealing with Ambiguity- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Drive for Results- Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
- Organizational Agility- Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
- Technical Learning- Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
Back to top