Inventory Planner, Inventory Strategy - Old Navy Online
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Planner, Inventory Strategy is responsible for the development, execution and management of annual and seasonal financial plans for the Old Navy Online business. The goals set forth by this individual will require collaboration with Digital team, and Old Navy Store Finance team. This role will partner with the Manager of Inventory Strategy to develop and drive financial strategies to maximize business opportunities and to mitigate risks in the business plan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Financial responsibility for constructing, tracking and measuring the performance across:
- Annual Budget and LRP
- Quarterly Target setting
- Monthly Forecast
- Weekly Report Management
Partner with Inventory Strategy Manager to develop financial models to drive business opportunities:
- In-Season Responsibilities:
- All daily forecasting for ONOL from traffic to net sales
- Daily communication to the ONOL team of the prior day sales
- All promotional forecasting + exclusion management
- Weekly (Monday) actualization & re-projection of sales by day for the month
- Partners with Manger/ Directors to link divisional/product performance to topline numbers
- Complete the weekly performance report and send to leadership
- Recaps lw business and forward projection in leadership battleplan meetings, the IM/Merch meeting and the BRONG SVP meeting each Monday
- Provides weekly updates of sales expectations to stores
- Assist in monthly prep for MF consisting of daily forecasting and receipt reconciliation
- Assist in completion of a deck inclusive of store numbers, credit line compare, budget & last PCF compare alongside comments which is sent to leadership
- Delivery of the numbers/story to CFO and BRONG SVP at MF
- OTB Facilitation
- Monthly facilitation of OTB
- Roll up of divisional forecast and comparison to topline
- Cover sheet completed with above information and delivered to Managers and above in the OTB overview
- Sends OTB directions/expectations & agenda to team
- Provides feedback, guidance and challenges divisions to maximize profitability throughout all meetings
- Incorporates forecasts into topline forecasting for MF and CL
- Complete the quarterly performance report on a monthly basis and send to leadership
- Quarterly Battleplan Meetings
- Partner with marketing to lead a quarterly battleplan meeting
Hindsight current promotions – what is working & what is not
- Map out the next quarter – promotional cadence, upside, risk, holes in the calendar with the ONLT
- Receipt Reconciliation
- Provides direction to OIS team to deliver receipts the first week of each month
- Reconciles OIS receipts against 16wk forecast and divisional targets
- Pre-Season Responsibilities:
- Quarterly Targets
- Delivers quarterly targets to teams to provide guidance/direction for class planning
- Sets receipt targets by quarter & division to meet sales
- Sets post placement plans based on IR meetings
- Tops Down position must have an understanding of store sales & performance and pre-season targeting. In order to do this, they must:
- Attend Store MF meetings each month
- Have weekly check-ins with store's company planning lead
- Marketing check-ins to align forecasts/cadence
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Prioritize work according to importance
- Solution oriented
- Interact with and address questions from leadership level
- Effectively negotiate with and influence peers and cross-functional team members.
- Function in a new business environment that is ambiguous at times
- Possess a clear understanding of top line financial drivers.
- Deliver convincing presentations with clear and effective communication
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risk and opportunities for the business
- Manage the reconciliation of tops-down with bottom-up plans.
- Function individually without a direct team of support
- Facility with personal computers, including the ability to leverage available resources and technical applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years' experience in Inventory Management or Finance
- Experience in eCommerce preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top