Inventory Planner, Global Omni Planning, Women's Tops – Banana Republic Factory Store
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a globalapparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused ondelivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style thatendures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity andseek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe inseeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making ityour own. We live with style.
What We Do: Therole of the Global Omni Planning team is to maximize sales, margin, andinventory through pre-season optimization across all customer channels. This work requires strong analytical andstory-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with otherfunctions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience whiledelivering/exceeding financial targets. The Global Omni Planner will own adepartment or category's pre-season planning through seasonal tops-downfinancial planning, item level buy plans, and assortment architecture while creatingstrategic pre-season alignment across functional teams, markets, and channels.This role will also be responsible for executing responsive capabilities andmanaging of year-round basics programs.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Managesales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) andinventory goalsby creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments tosupport
- Collaboratewith merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that alignfinancial and product opportunities across multiple departments
- Create departmentand class pre-season sales, GM, and inventory plansthat align to company budget targets and support compelling commercial plans
- Ensureassortments support seasonal key concepts, campaigns, and marketing
- Createinventory investment (style-color level buy) plans for BR global businessincluding stores in US, Canada, Europe, and Japan that support brand productstrategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, IMU%,and inventory targets
- Analyze historicaldata and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manageplanning and execution of in-season quick to market buying strategies
- Managestrategic positioning of size investments and distribution center splits forpurchased inventory
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures andhow in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customerbehaviors that impact the way we do business.
- PresentationSkills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesizelarge amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and writtenformats
- Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share bestpractices and develop strategic knowledge
- CustomerFocus: Constant focus on customerthinking within all tasks. Has a passionfor product and how it shows up to the customer across all touchpoints.
- Dealingwith Ambiguity: Flexible andadaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improveprocesses
- Drive forResults: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role overtime
- OrganizationalAgility: Ability to workindependently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
- TechnicalLearning: Strong skill set inMicrosoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas,Using Macros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability &interest in mastering new and available technical applications
- Minimum 3 to4 years inventory management experience
- Four yearcollege degree or equivalent required
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top