Inventory Planner - Global Omni Planning - Women's Sweaters
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
The role of the Global Omni Planning team is to maximize sales, margin, and inventory through pre-season optimization across all customer channels.This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Global Omni Planner will own a department or category's pre-season planning through seasonal tops-down financial planning, item level buy plans, and assortment architecture while creating strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams, markets, and channels. This role will also be responsible for executing responsive capabilities and managing of year-round basics programs.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Manage sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory goals by creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments to support
• Collaborate with merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities across multiple departments
• Create department and class pre-season sales, GM, and inventory pla ns that align to company budget targets and support compelling commercial plans
• Ensure assortments support seasonal key concepts, campaigns, and marketing
• Create inventory investment (style-color level buy) plans for BR global business including stores in US, Canada, Europe, and Japan that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, IMU%, and inventory targets
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
• Manage planning and execution of in-season quick to market buying strategies
• Manage strategic positioning of size investments and distribution center splits for purchased inventory
• Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them.Understands the broader marketplace and competition.Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
• Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management:Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
• Peer Relationships:Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
• Customer Focus:Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks.Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touchpoints.
• Dealing with Ambiguity:Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
• Drive for Results: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
• Organizational Agility:Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
• Technical Learning:Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top