Inventory Lead - Athleta - Southport
The Inventory & Process Lead's primary responsibility is the efficient execution of company defined best practices and productivity standards for back of house organization, all process related to inventory movement, and merchandise replenishment. The Inventory Lead ensures a seamless customer service experience that drives productivity, sales and profitability.
Daily responsibilities include shipment planning, scheduling for shipment, shipment execution, transfers, replenishment, Brick and Click, product placement, and all shipping needs. The Inventory Lead possesses strong analytical and communication skills along with the ability to work well with the entire leadership team to communicate inventory liabilities and support effective moves on the selling floor based on needs of the business.
The Inventory Lead is a key holder position that is cross-trained on visual merchandising, selling, and operations to best help support the needs of the store at any time including opening, closing and LOD functions.
- Works in partnership with the Store Manager, AGM, and Visual Lead to ensure movement of merchandise between the BOH and sales floor meets company standards.
- Manage the Non Go Forward shipment process and flip prep during each seasonal flips.
- Works with the visual lead on the current floor plan to have an understanding of product placement on the selling floor.
- Ensures efficiencies in merchandise handling to improve in-stock positioning and meet payroll and productivity goals.
- Proactively works with Management to identify opportunities to improve execution and efficiency of BOH Organization and Replenishment best practices resulting in increased Replenishment efficiency, improved in-stock position.
- Practices and ensures all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Provides Customer Service while working on sales.
- Executes all activities related to Loss Prevention, Risk Management, and Safety.
- Ensure store is compliant with daily cleaning activities.
- Organizes, coordinates, and oversees the implementation of Replenishment and BOH Organization initiatives.
- Ensures that systems are in place for online return and damages.
- Responsible for all shipping; including charge sends and transfers such as online returns and damages.
- Responsible to open and close the building to fit the needs of the business.
- Partner with Management to hold store team accountable for efficiency in replenishment process and in-stock position.
- Exhibits confidence to drive service standards.
- Applies knowledge of BOH Organization and Replenishment standards to ensure in-stock positioning is effective.
- Daily maintains the sales floor so customers can always find sizes.
- Daily ensures all sizes /styles that are in back-stock are represented on the sales floor.
- Assist with the daily upkeep of fitting room go backs.
- Trains associates on the BOH standards, maintenance, and best practices
- Works with the Management team on Replenishment and BOH Organization processes.
- Assists the Management in leading and training all associates on Replenishment functions.
- Acts as a liaison between Associates and store leadership.
- Works with the Visual Lead on Product placement based on inventory levels.
3415 N. SOUTHPORT
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates time management and organization skills
- Demonstrates passion for customer service
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently with competing priorities
- Capable of delegating some tasks as needed
- Ability to develop and train others
- Demonstrates conflict management and resolution skills
- Demonstrates technical proficiency
- Demonstrates visual merchandising skills
- Demonstrates business comprehension
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent desired
- Two-year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Prior experience working within a team desired
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, squatting and climbing.
- Required to have open availability on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and once a month and overnight shift
- Must maintain a minimum of 40 hours of availability to be eligible for this position
- Availability must also allow for flexibility for overnight shifts
- This is the current availability requirements and will be adjusted as the needs of the business change
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top