Inventory Analyst - Global Yield Management - Women's
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
The role of the Global Yield Management team is to maximize sales, margin and inventory through strategic in-season optimization across all customer channels. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Global Yield analyst will support department or division in-season yield management through forecasting, business recapping and in-season pricing execution.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Drive sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals by managing in-season business levers and influencing pre-season strategies with data driven hindsight.
- Complete monthly OTB forecast for area of responsibility, incorporating current trends.
- Partner with allocation team on seasonal strategies to ensure stores receive optimal inventory to support product strategy.
- Responsible for pricing analysis and execution to maximize margin and yield.
- Support the creation of comprehensive midsights/ hindsights and partner with Planning and Merchandising team to develop future product and inventory strategies for all global regions
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
- Presentation Skills: Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats.
- Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge.
- Customer Focus: Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touchpoints.
- Dealing with Ambiguity & Drive for Results: Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn, improve processes, and add more value over time.
- Technical Learning: Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel; Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications
• Minimum 1-2 years Inventory Management experience preferred
• Four year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top