Inventory Analyst - Global Omni Planning - Accessories
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The role of the Global Omni Planning team is to maximize sales, margin, and inventory through pre-season optimization across all customer channels. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Global Omni Planning Inventory Analyst will support in the category's pre-season planning through seasonal tops-down financial planning, item level buy-plans, and assortment architecture while helping to create strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams, markets, and channels.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Manage sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI), and inventory goals by creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments to support
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities across multiple departments
- Ensure assortments support seasonal key concepts, campaigns, and marketing
- Create inventory investment (style-color level buy) plans for BR global business including stores and online in North America that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, IMU%, and inventory targets
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manage strategic positioning of inventory's size investments and distribution-center splits
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years work experience, preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top