Internal Audit – Senior Auditor, Gap Inc.
This position will be responsible for conducting internal audits of complex business processes and effectively reporting on the results.
- Learning Agility
- Drives results
- Will work primarily within the Internal Audit team responsible for performing financial, operational, strategic and compliance audits; some projects require interaction and partnership w/SOX and Store Compliance Audit teams.
- This position requires communication, coordination, and building relationships with teams across all functions and brands, including various domestic and international based locations.
- Conduct internal audits of financial, operational, compliance and strategic processes, specifically:
- Act as a key liaison to the client throughout the audit process;
- Lead process walk-throughs to facilitate development of the audit scope and approach during the planning phase;
- Draft process narratives and flowcharts;
- Contribute to the design of the control testing approach, audit program, and project scope document;
- Document risk assessment and test results in compliance with industry and departmental standards;
- Accurately identify areas/processes for improvement and apply analytical skills and judgment to propose recommendations;
- Draft reports of audit findings, obtain management responses, and issue reports in conformity with Internal Audit Charter guidelines;
- Monitor audit progress to ensure completion within allotted timeframes; and,
- Execute projects in a timely manner
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Evaluate internal control environment and financial reporting compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes-Oxley objectives.
- Organize, prepare and present proposals, analyses, and other special projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of audit principles and techniques.
- Complete annual CPE credit requirements to preserve professional certification(s).
- Represent the Internal Audit function on cross-functional teams, at times providing leadership to these efforts as appropriate.
- Assist with development of annual resource forecasts, project timelines, resource allocation plans, and travel expense estimates.
- Bachelors degree in a business-related field, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of relevant business experience
- Willing to travel up to 20% to Gap Inc. domestic and international sites
- Relevant professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CCSA)
- High level of integrity
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top