Internal Audit – Senior Auditor, Gap Inc.
This position will be responsible for conducting internal audits of complex business processes and effectively reporting on the results.
- Learning Agility
- Drives results
- Will work primarily within the Internal Audit team responsible for performing financial, operational, strategic and compliance audits; some projects require interaction and partnership w/SOX and Store Compliance Audit teams.
- This position requires communication, coordination, and building relationships with teams across all functions and brands, including various domestic and international based locations.
- Conduct internal audits of financial, operational, compliance and strategic processes, specifically:
- Act as a key liaison to the client throughout the audit process;
- Lead process walk-throughs to facilitate development of the audit scope and approach during the planning phase;
- Draft process narratives and flowcharts;
- Contribute to the design of the control testing approach, audit program, and project scope document;
- Document risk assessment and test results in compliance with industry and departmental standards;
- Accurately identify areas/processes for improvement and apply analytical skills and judgment to propose recommendations;
- Draft reports of audit findings, obtain management responses, and issue reports in conformity with Internal Audit Charter guidelines;
- Monitor audit progress to ensure completion within allotted timeframes; and,
- Execute projects in a timely manner
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Organize, prepare and present proposals, analyses, and other special projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of audit principles and techniques.
- Complete annual CPE credit requirements to preserve professional certification(s).
- Represent the Internal Audit function on cross-functional teams, at times providing leadership to these efforts as appropriate.
- On an ad-hoc basis, provide assistance on fraud investigations.
- Assist with development of annual resource forecasts, project timelines, resource allocation plans, and travel expense estimates.
- Bachelors degree in a business-related field, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of relevant business experience
- Willing to travel up to 20% to Gap Inc. domestic and international sites
- Relevant professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CCSA)
- High level of integrity
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top