Institutionalized Shrink Lead - Loss Prevention - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you? Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you. OVERVIEW As an Institutionalized Shrink Lead you work closely with the IS Manager, IS Analyst and Field Loss Prevention to identify IS opportunities and provide recommendations for solutions in order to influence changes to minimize future IS risk. You analyze and conduct research both inside and outside of count cycles in order to advocate for inventory adjustments that impact brand shortage, store to store shortage, gross variance, or undeterminable loss. You participate in LP territory and district meetings/calls to teach, coach and influence the execution of the Old Navy Loss Prevention Institutionalized Shrink efforts through the LP field teams. ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP · You are a part of the Institutionalized Shrink team, reporting to the brands IS Manager, and influence execution of IS efforts in respective area of responsibility. (Approx. 250 Stores) · You lead deployment of Training and Awareness collateral for IS programs for Field and Store leadership teams in AOR. · You drive all tactical research and recovery efforts in respective AOR. · You provide expertise and build capabilities to ensure understanding of how to apply IS plans and initiatives. · You own Inventory research process and Tolerance Tool exceptions within respective AOR.
Identify Institutionalized Shrink opportunities impacting shortage units, shortage dollars, gross variance and undeterminables.
- Physically attends inventories based on field recommendation to offer support to the store and identify opportunities within processes
- Execute Tolerance Tool exception research within AOR and drives research and recovery efforts during count season
- Accountable for tracking all IS work leading to tangible ROI for their individual performance and maintain supporting documentation is a standardized manner.
- Leverages data gained through process evaluation to influence investigative direction
- Influences Territory Ops Mangers, DM's, GM's and LP Teams to ensure they adopt the IS mission and foster a collaborative approach to shortage reduction
- Demonstrate leadership by ensuring field teams have appropriate IS tools, support, coaching and training on IS initiatives
- Accountable for training and mentoring the territory IS Apprentice.
- Involvement in Store openings, Closings, Repositions, and Relocations with a primary focus on accurate execution (systemically) of all product movement through the transfer process
- Demonstrated excellent communication, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to influence upwards
- Demonstrated ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors
- Demonstrated understanding of physical and financial inventory processes
- Demonstrated time management and ability to prioritize and multi-task with little to no direct supervision
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web based communication
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- 2+ years of Loss Prevention experience preferred
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to travel as required by business, including overnight
- Must be able to complete desk work for eight hours at a time
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top