Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
- Demonstrate ability to maximize productivity, quality and service throughout the DCs by utilizing engineering techniques in the area of work layout, work measurement, time study analysis, and methods development.
- Effective working relationships must be maintained with all DC employees and internal and external customers.
- Understand the full operational process flow of all material handling functions in all Gap Inc. Direct facilities.
- Ability to communicate, direct and delegate complex instructions on special projects to staff.
- Demonstrates proven written and verbal communication skills in the execution of daily correspondence and methods documentation, to supervisors, peers and direct reports throughout the business.
- Displays teamwork abilities and maintains a positive attitude.
- Must be trained and experienced in the use of conventional time study techniques.
- Establishes production standards for various jobs in a warehouse and call center environment.
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets, and the control of operating and capital expenses.
- Coordinates priority list with operations and conducts approval and training meetings with operation's personnel.
- Analyzes methods and procedures to ascertain the most efficient way to perform all distribution fulfillment warehouse tasks.
- AutoCAD experience required.
- Experience with design and management of facility construction projects.
- Knowledge of company requirements in ensuring compliance with applicable local, state and federal building codes requirements as well as a thorough understanding of company direction on environmental concerns.
- Assist DC Management on special projects by conducting feasibility studies.
- Responsible for acting as project lead / manager on implementation of special project work.
- Seeks out and researches new technology advances and spearheads efforts to incorporate new concepts into existing systems with particular emphasis on productivity improvements.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out industrial engineering assignments of a broad nature while exercising considerable judgment and originality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have 3 plus years of engineering experience.
- I.E. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top