Human Resources Generalist
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional who strives in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with solid coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to make sound business decisions. In this role, you will provide HR support to the Brampton Distribution Centre. Your success will depend on your ability to build relationships, implement creative solutions, adapt to change and respond to Operations requirements. The incumbent must be flexible to support activities on multiple shifts.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing primary support in all areas of Human Resources including Employment, Total Rewards, Metrics/Reporting, Organizational Effectiveness, Recognition and Community Relations.
Interacts with all levels of the leadership team and business partners at all GSC Canada Distribution Centres, Corporate Headquarters, and other GSC or Gap Inc. facilities as necessary. Interfaces with external government agencies, educational institutions, and Human Resources organizations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in advising and consulting with managers and/associates on issues related to performance management, compensation, benefits, discipline and general employee relations.
- Ensure effective communication, adherence and compliance of employment legislation, new and existing corporate policies, Company Handbook and provide guidance when changes occur.
- Responsible for managing HR metrics and providing Operations with reports weekly and on an as needed basis
- Lead Recruiter for facility from selection process to onboarding
- Leverage external partnerships
- Gather and summarize feedback via new hire surveys and exit surveys
- Run weekly payroll
- Complete weekly adjustments in Kronos
- Serve as key point of contact for Supervisors on payroll questions or concerns
- Process paperwork for new hires, transfers, adjustments and terminations in accordance with company and employment standards and legislation.
- Run ad hoc reports
- Promote employee events, change initiatives
- Oversee Action Committee and employee engagement initiatives
- Strong customer service, relationship building, judgment skills, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently while demonstrating the ability to exercise mature judgment and decision-making.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills with experience in management of multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with business partners at all levels
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and issue-resolution skills
- High professional standards regarding customer service and confidentiality
- Strong communication and presentation/facilitation skills
- Solid knowledge and application of Canadian Employment Law
- Ability to flex work schedule in order to meet business needs
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Suite including, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Experience with Kronos and PeopleSoft
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in related field and are working toward/obtained your CHRP designation.
- Certificate or Diploma in HR Management or related field is required
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in a Human Resources Generalist role 1+ year(s) experience in a Distribution environment is preferred
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
KEY BENEFITS :
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet.
- Company paid vacation, sick days, float and bereavement days
- Maternity leave top up.
- Employee retirement savings plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees eligible to receive health, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Employee family assistance program.
*For eligible employees
The Canada benefits listed above do not constitute fundamental terms of the employment contract, and are subject to employee eligibility and employer discretion. The company reserves the right to amend or eliminate these benefits from time to time at its sole discretion.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top