Head of Marketing - Weddington Way
Based in San Francisco, CA, Weddington Way offers millennials a new way to shop for weddings, featuring an exclusive collection of fresh + modern bridesmaid dresses. Weddington Way designs and manufactures their own dresses - meaning no middle-men, no markups, and styles crafted with detail and intention that you can't find anywhere else. Weddington Way pioneered a community-centric shopping experience that lets friends shop together online in a virtual showroom. With its technology-first approach, Weddington Way is a breath of fresh air in the wedding planning process.
In 2016, Weddington Way was acquired by Gap Inc. and continues to run as an autonomous brand under the leadership of founder Ilana Stern, who reports to Sebastian DiGrande, executive vice president, strategy and chief customer officer for Gap Inc.
For more information, please visit http://www.weddingtonway.com.
Weddington Way's team + culture:
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We respect and listen to each other. We prioritize celebration and community. We believe in work/life balance, but we like when you bring your life to work. Seriously, we love meeting your dogs, cats, babies, husbands, girlfriends, moms, etc.
Our team is made up of dynamic, intelligent, best in class individuals. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and bring with them a unique perspective, which we are excited to listen to. We believe that our brand is the only as good as the people behind it, and that we are stronger as team than as individuals. We believe in collaboration. We are equal parts hard work and heart.
What we are looking for in our Head of Marketing:
We are looking for a leader who is excited to define the future of Weddington Way, creating and driving the strategy, while getting their hands dirty in day-to-day execution as we build Weddington Way into a national consumer brand. Leaders at Weddington Way are both strategists and tacticians – we conceive, define and then drive. Every leader in the company operates with the customer in mind first – we start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do.
This role will report directly to the CEO and will be the thought leader in the company on growth through customer acquisition, retention, partnerships, etc. and will help shape and influence the brand, site experience and more. We are looking for a strategic thinker who is strong analytically and creatively.
- Work with leadership team to define growth goals and brand goals and then the marketing strategy and budget required to drive those goals
- Create and drive all customer acquisition efforts including paid, unpaid, online and offline
- Retention – create and drive Weddington Way customer retention strategy, including but not limited to email, SMS, site experience and conversion funnel, etc.
- Brand strategy and execution work - brand development, positioning and creative execution
- Create strategy for identifying, testing and evaluating new marketing channels and tactics
o Use analytical and modeling skills to understand channel economics and optimize marketing activities
o Define, monitor and report KPIs across all acquisition channels to the team
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of vendors that assist in delivering the marketing plan, including contract negotiations, target and KPI setting, reporting and relationship management
- As we launch Weddington Way store concepts, create and drive strategy to drive traffic to Weddington Way stores (from launch strategy and execution to ongoing traffic driving strategy and execution)
- Heavy cross functional leadership
o Work closely with merchandising to ensure marketing and growth strategy aligns with inventory plans and to ensure that trends we are seeing in keywords, pinterest, etc. are making it into our dress design and assortment planning
o Work with product and engineering teams to design and develop features and tools that improve user acquisition, retention and customer experience
- As the company grows, this leader will be responsible for defining and building Weddington Way's marketing team
- 5+ years of experience in one of the following:
o Digital marketing (user acquisition, retention, etc.)
o Strategy consulting or finance (banking, PE, or VC)
- Previous experience at scaling at a startup is a strong plus
- Ability to balance quantitative analysis with creative thinking and trade-offs to make decisions to meet the business goals
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Experience in web analytics and AB testing
- Equally comfortable at big picture thinking and hands-on execution. Experience and interest in driving both strategic planning as well as operations.
- Strong Excel skills; experience with SQL a plus
- Resourceful and positive can-do attitude
- Strong communications skills, with experience managing external partner relationships
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.). MBA or Advanced degree a strong plus
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top