Head of Digital Planning & Performance - Brand
Gap Inc. is redefining digital and connected experiences in retail. As one of the world's largest apparel retailers, our many advantages include: scale, leading brands, a large customer base and a significant base of technical expertise and capability.
The digital organization at Gap is responsible for our holistic digital experience - for millions of customers and our six brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Intermix) globally. The team consists of our critical digital capabilities: product management, user experience design, digital and central marketing and content production and development.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Drives brand online and in store revenue growth through planning and coordination of digital marketing activities for assigned brand
- Leads integrated, top to bottom of funnel marketing planning process for assigned brand - with support from Senior Director and Vice President - integrating data insights and industry/marketing expertise
- Works on-premise with brand as an embedded team member - spending 60%+ of time working face to face with brand with the remainder coordinating deployments with channel and digital experience leads to amplify key categories and stories
- Responsible for driving brand marketing objectives - ROAS/uplift, share of voice, revenue targets, customer file health, etc
- Responsible for arbitrating corporate level and brand level objectives in marketing channels
- In-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own subject area and understanding of procedures and concepts in other areas.
- May understand impact of regulatory requirements, where applicable.
- Understands emerging competitor/industry trends.
- Collaborates and leads others in key initiatives and their implementation.
- Introduces change effectively.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams of professional/managers.
- Evaluates sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information (internal and external sources). Able to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate potentially complex and dynamic material.
- Develops new techniques to support innovative solutions.
- Operational responsibility for planning, budget and end results; sets policies and strategic direction for area/team.
- Negotiates mainly internally and often at senior levels (VP+). May also negotiate externally (clients, government bodies, factories and other organizations).
- May develop an external presence through publication or speaking engagements.
- Manages projects of critical important and implements strategic change.
- Impacts the business through contribution to technical direction and strategic decisions.
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Finance, or Statistics is required. MBA strongly desired.
- 10+ years relevant professional experience.
- Consulting/agency/client management experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing teams of at least three, ideally managing managers of others.
- Reports to Head of Digital Planning & Performance, Gap Inc. (Senior Director) Digital Planning & Performance.
- Retail matrix / Retail customer background preferred
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment
- • Knowledge of Adobe analytics / Omniture
- • Knowledge of tools across digital marketing channels (e.g. Adwords , MediaMath, Salesforce Marketing, Kenshoo)
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top