Head of Digital Planning & Performance: Brand
Gap Inc. is redefining digital and connected experiences in retail. As one of the world's largest apparel retailers, our many advantages include: scale, leading brands, a large customer base and a significant base of technical expertise and capability.
The digital organization at Gap is responsible for our holistic digital experience – for millions of customers and our six brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Weddington Way) globally. The team consists of our critical digital capabilities: product management, user experience design, digital and central marketing and content production and development.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Brand Liaison
- Drives brand online and in store revenue growth through planning and coordination of digital marketing activities for assigned brand
- Leads integrated, top to bottom of funnel marketing planning process for assigned brand – with support from Senior Director and Vice President – integrating data insights and industry/marketing expertise
- Works on-premise with brand as an embedded team member – spending 60%+ of time working face to face with brand with the remainder coordinating deployments with channel and digital experience leads to amplify key categories and stories
- Responsible for driving brand marketing objectives – ROAS/uplift, share of voice, revenue targets, customer file health, etc
- Responsible for arbitrating corporate level and brand level objectives in marketing channels
- In-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own subject area and understanding of procedures and concepts in other areas.
- May understand impact of regulatory requirements, where applicable.
- Understands emerging competitor/industry trends.
- Collaborates and leads others in key initiatives and their implementation.
- Introduces change effectively.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams of professional/managers.
- Evaluates sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information (internal and external sources). Able to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate potentially complex and dynamic material.
- Develops new techniques to support innovative solutions.
- Operational responsibility for planning, budget and end results; sets policies and strategic direction for area/team.
- Negotiates mainly internally and often at senior levels (VP+). May also negotiate externally (clients, government bodies, factories and other organizations).
- May develop an external presence through publication or speaking engagements.
- Manages projects of critical important and implements strategic change.
- Impacts the business through contribution to technical direction and strategic decisions.
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Finance, or Statistics is required. MBA strongly desired.
- 10+ years relevant professional experience.
- Consulting/agency/client management experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing teams of at least three, ideally managing managers of others.
- Reports to Head of Digital Planning & Performance, Gap Inc. (Senior Director) Digital Planning & Performance.
- Retail matrix / Retail customer background preferred
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment
- · Knowledge of Adobe analytics / Omniture
- · Knowledge of tools across digital marketing channels (e.g. Adwords, MediaMath, Salesforce Marketing, Kenshoo)
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top