Graphic Designer - Retail Experience
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
You will be a key support for the Associate Art Director for Retail Experience. You will work on original seasonal concepts that clearly express the Athleta culture through in-store creative visuals. You are a free-thinking, ambitious learner who thrives on inspiration by a fast-paced collaborative design environment that supports multiple action sports categories. You are a detail-oriented designer with multiple years of experience and strong production skills. You will work on design projects such as in-store marketing campaigns and window displays, packaging, and the women's style guide marketing directive that publishes to our fleet by monthly drop. You clearly understand how to manage projects from the initial brief through to the final digital hand-off and will be responsible for executing multiple projects concurrently and on time.
Areas of Responsibility
• Through direction provided by the Associate Art Director, create, design and produce in-store marketing materials including signage, innovative window displays, packaging, print and digital pieces related to PR and Community Events.
• Design, manage and produce women's seasonal style guide that publishes to our fleet.
• Photograph and Photoshop images for monthly floor set and in-season updates.
• Proactively collaborate with Associate Art Director and digital and catalog designers to push brand forward while maintaining brand consistency across all channels.
• Identify and offer solutions for improving the production and workflow process as we continue to grow and learn the best ways to communicate with our business partners, vendors and stores.
• Partner closely with Print Production Manager and Retail Marketing Strategy Manager.
• Develop and produce comps needed for presentations to leadership.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Appreciation of and interest in the Athleta brand and the athletic spirit; retail design experience a plus.
• 3+ years of graphic design experience across print and digital. Skills include brainstorming, typography, use of scale and color, researching competition and getting out into the market for inspiration. Illustration and photography skills a plus.
• Discerning eye for photo-editing, cropping and composition.
• Ability to be both creative and technical; able to produce meticulous mechanicals for print and installations.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to manage numerous projects with tight turnarounds.
• Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions.
• Passion for quality work with an understanding of how to prioritize and at times make tradeoffs.
• Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent experience) with a portfolio that demonstrates type and layout skills as well as variety.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top