Global Supply Chain Summer Intern - US
About Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style. Our six brands – Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Weddington Way – retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise. As consumers continue to reinvent the interaction between customer and brand, Gap Inc. is transforming the way we bring product to market to better serve our technology-savvy, product obsessed, value conscious, global customer base. From innovating at the component level with our factory and mill partners to driving new technological capabilities in merchandise and inventory planning, and developing a fast, flexible logistics and fulfillment network, Global Supply Chain and Product Operations is the heartbeat of Gap Inc.'s enterprise-wide evolution. General Summary: Our Global Supply Chain is looking to invite driven 1st year MBA students to join us in our headquarters offices for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten week Summer Intern Program runs from mid-June through mid-August and is based in our San Francisco headquarter office. Our Global Supply Chain internship combines work that directly impacts company goals and exposure to different leaders within the organization. You have the unique chance to dive into our company while expanding your knowledge of the retail industry. As an intern, you will attend presentations by senior executives, work on individual projects to drive business initiatives and present to senior management throughout the summer. You will see right away that we work hard at Gap Inc., but we think it's important to have fun too. As part of the experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in social and networking events outside of the office with your fellow intern group. Each year, Gap Inc. Global Supply Chain offers internship opportunities in different departments across the company. Summer 2018 opportunities include, but are not limited to: Strategy Sourcing Logistics Strategic Sourcing (Procurement) We are committed to building a strong pipeline of future leaders through our Internship Program. Upon successful completion of the internship, interns will be well-positioned for full-time offers for our Global Supply Chain Leadership Development Program. In order to be considered for a Gap Inc. Global Supply Chain Internship, applicants must apply to this posting. By submitting your application to this posting, you will be considered for all open positions within the departments listed above. Candidates will have the opportunity to express their preference as they move forward in the interview process.
- First-year graduate students
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent basis
- Unleashes creativity by actively seeking new experiences, information, and knowledge; embraces challenge, takes risks, learns fast and welcomes change.
- Makes sense of a vast range of information from multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, and problem solve; challenges the status quo, transforms past views, sets new directions, and rewards the spark of ideas in others.
- Engages hearts and minds to deliver shared objectives and mutual benefits; creates joy and energy from sincerely connecting with others and understanding them at a deeper level; embodies honesty and authenticity in every interaction.
- Commits to a challenge; overcomes obstacles; exhibits a willingness to take on high-risk opportunities with tenacity; continues to look for disconfirming evidence to stay nimble and change direction; is fast-moving and never settles
- Effectively communicates and works with peers, partners, and others not in the line of command; builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people who wouldn't naturally work together can do so for the good of the enterprise
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top