Global Parcel Operations Analyst II - Global Transportation and Trade Compliance
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global Parcel Operations, this position will be responsible for providing timely forecasting, analysis, reporting, and communication to the Global Parcel Operations Leadership Team. This role requires excellent internal/external customer relationships as well as the ability to drive change through data analysis and root cause identification of metric reporting. The qualified candidate will be innovative and capable of creating ad-hoc tools for analysis, and will make informed recommendations in a dynamic work environment. This individual will support Gap Inc. Parcel Operations in the U.S. market, and will be focused on various aspects of Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain including: Direct-to-Consumer Outbound/Returns, Retail Store Fulfillment, and Brand Strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day operational support for direct to consumer deliveries through the management of carrier relationships and internal communication with DC shipping and transportation teams
- Deliver expert ad-hoc analysis and make informed recommendations to Parcel Operations leadership
- Provide site-level weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting by carrier/service method to ensure adequate carrier capacity and maximum DC throughput
- Partner with cross functional teams to support go-live execution of new carriers and/or services
- Build strong knowledge of parcel carriers and services, and has fundamental understanding of parcel pricing
- Drive change and continuous improvement with parcel carrier network
- Conduct shipment-level spend and transit analysis to identify cost effectiveness as necessary
- Assist in the development of parcel shipping solutions, supporting strategic initiatives that drive cost, service, and process improvement
- Create parcel shipping policies and procedures to drive initiatives in partnership with parcel operations team
- Educate business partners on parcel transportation networks, policies, and carrier base
- Ensure Gap Inc. policies are defined in accordance with federal transportation regulations
- Monitor and share industry trends and shipping best practices
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with very sensitive data and information
- Continually evaluate carrier base to ensure Gap Inc.'s parcel shipping service needs are being delivered
- Develop strong relationships with internal business partners and external suppliers, and ensure timely and effective communication utilizing the appropriate channels
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Work closely with domestic Corporate and Distribution Business Partners, as well as parcel carriers, to ensure cost effective parcel needs for Gap Inc. are met. Provide flawless delivery execution and impeccable customer service.
- Strong knowledge of parcel transportation carriers, services, processes, and pricing
- Experience with supply chain systems inclusive of Transportation Management System (TMS), Warehouse Management (WMS), Order Management System (OMS), and data relationships
- In-depth knowledge of parcel shipping system functions and uses. Ability to learn and execute using similar system tools.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with focus on Access and Excel
- Experience with data analysis/ mining, modeling, and statistical assessment preferred
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in stressful work environment punctuated by heavy shipping volume or project load
- Demonstrated ability to drive change through metrics and analytics
- Understanding of shipping processes, sourcing points, and distribution network.
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision
- Proven self-development skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills with a high level of urgency
- Creative/Strategic thinking and the ability to solve complex problems with practical solutions
2) Minimum experience:
- 2-5 Years Transportation and Logistics Experience
- 2 Years Parcel Shipping Experience
3) Minimum educational level:
- BA/BS Degree Preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Travel Requirement - up to 25%
- Geographic Location Requirements - Groveport, OH
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top