General Manager, SoHo
The General Manager leads and directs an INTERMIX flagship store location. The General Manager achieves sales results by creating a positive team environment and running a client-focused business.
- Inspires and motivates the flagship store team by presenting a compelling vision and direction.
- Promotes team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback.
- Builds effective relationships with cross-divisional and store partners.
- Leads management meetings to drive the business strategy.
- Creates and upholds a positive work environment.
- Attracts, hires, trains, and develops the flagship team.
- Trains associates on brand initiatives and standards to ensure understanding of company direction.
- Provides regular feedback, coaching and counseling on performance.
Selling & Client Service
- Identifies, creates and manages the execution of the store business plan that drives key performance indicator results and maximizes business opportunities.
- Monitors daily, weekly and monthly sales goals of all associates and ensures quality selling and customer service standards are met.
- Trains and develops all associates and ensures ongoing sales training through role-play, coaching and constructive feedback.
- Leads community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty.
- Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience, social media and email capture.
- Works closely with Visual Merchandising and Buying teams on product assortment.
- Trains associates and ensures complete understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Knows and follows company policies and procedures, including store safety standards and compliance audit requirements; educates store team and ensures consistent compliance to policy. Addresses policy violations in a fair, timely and consistent manner.
- Trains staff to maintain selling floor, stockroom and wrap desk with proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Monitors the control of payroll and controllable expenses.
- Ensures loss prevention compliance in order to minimize loss and achieve shrink goals.
- Partners with corporate office regarding maintenance and construction needs.
98 PRINCE STREET
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to assess and develop talent
- Minimum of 5 years of head of store or multi-manager experience
- Experience managing $20 million store volume
- Commission based sales experience
- Luxury or contemporary experience preferred
- Multi-brand sales experience preferred
- Passion for fashion trends and specialty retail environments
- Strong styling eye and personal taste level
- Strong business acumen and corporate exposure
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with store team, customers and all levels of corporate and field management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top