General Manager - San Francisco Bay Area
At Athleta, we're on a mission to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential. We are always reaching for amazing and that challenge is what fuels us. Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for Store Leaders who find inspiration in the same things we do – like community, empowering others and never forgetting work isn't work without a little fun – and, of course, being a part of something bigger. Find out first-hand why Business of Fashion named us as one of the "Best Companies to Work for in Fashion."
As a General Manager at Athleta, you are a brand advocate for Athleta Retail Stores.You model and lead through the lens of the brand mission and values.You foster the store environment in a way that engages, motivates, and inspires a customer-centric culture.You are responsible for driving team focus on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly priorities.You are also responsible for directing and supporting to train and develop the Store Team.You create and execute the store vision and strategies in support of the brand objectives and goals.You make business decisions that impact daily, weekly, and monthly operations. The GM partners with the Market Visual Manager to ensure the store is visually compelling, meeting the brand's standard for visual presentation and product assortment. You partner with the District Manager / Area Manager and Human Resources on training and development, guiding the store leadership teams to create an inspirational and differentiated employee and customer experience.This role assesses customer experience feedback and ensures the development of action plans for improvement, to address concerns, and maintain a consistently compelling experience that exceeds her expectations. You report directly to the District Manager and play a key role in the overall health and success of the business.
1.Experimentation – You aremotivated and inspired by the power of evolution. You explore and try new ways of approaching goals.
2.Change Leadership – You transform and align your business through your talent. You create a wave of change that carries an impact far larger than any individual could achieve alone.
3.Talent Builder –You believe people can do great things at all levels and you seek to find the greatness that exists in everyone. You find joy in growing people beyond his/her own capabilities.
4.Drives for Results –You create new and better means to achieve enterprise and business success. You are energized by a challenge and obsessed with elevating the everyday to create higher levels of performance.
- As a General Manager, you empathetically express thoughts and feelings truthfully, openly and directly while being open to feedback.
- You embrace learning agility by demonstrating your desire to learn and change with a growth mindset by seeking new information, ideas, experiences, and self-awareness.
- You are curious about your customer and the competition by connecting with her on an emotional level. You develop a holistic understanding of the customer with a detailed external view and knowledge of the market place. You leverage this knowledge to connect her to the right product creating an unparalleled customer experience.
- You create and oversee implementation of plans to drive key performance indicators (service, sales, and employee satisfaction) to maximize profitability.
- You are an integral part of ensuring that the store complies with company/brand operating strategy that includes all operations(shrink, labor management, back of house standards, audit compliance) merchandising, and financial aspects of our business
- In your role as General Manager, you provide feedback and/or insight directly to the team on their performance and hold accountability conversations.
- You are resourceful and use immediate and available knowledge, skills and resources to work towards outcome while being open to considering alternative solutions.
- You effectively communicate and work with peers and partners to build relationships and create an environment where people work together for the greater good of the enterprise.
- You champion community involvement efforts to drive brand awareness and loyalty.
- You establish and lead employee talent attraction and retention efforts (recruitment, training, development, coaching) to maximize employee engagement, and ensuretop talent for all store level leadership positions
ONE HARRISON STREET
- 5 years retail management experience.
- Your previous experience has allowed you to develop your problem-solving, effective communication & relationship building skills.
- You have experience in a customer-facing role and thrive in customer centric environments.
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
- Generous merchandise discount for our brands
- Very competitive Paid Time Off plan
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Family care
- View the full list here
Gap Inc. is home to some of the most beloved fashion brands in the world including Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix and Weddington Way. Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for gender and pay equality in the workplace in 2016.
This job profile intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top