General Manager- Calgary
About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the role
As the General Manager, you are responsible for leading your team to deliver a profitable store business plan. You ensure your store achieves all key metrics and is meeting or exceeding goals. You are the link between the brand vision and how it comes to life in your store. You drive profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store to include, Customer Operations, Merchandising, Product Operations, and talent development. As the General Manager, you will teach and coach behaviors to your store team that delivers a best in class customer experience.
What you'll do
- Analyzes results, identifies opportunities and makes decisions in collaboration with the leadership team to drive key performance indicators
- Drive profitable sales through forecasting and scheduling
- Manages store budget for daily operations in support of the P&L
- Builds highly productive teams through sourcing, selecting and developing people
- Accountable for team performance through coaching and feedback.
- Teaches and trains to build capabilities.
- Leads the implementation and execution of all Standard Operating Procedures and initiatives
- Creates an inclusive environment
- Implements action plans to maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Performs Service Leader duties
- Represents the brand and understands the competitors
- Promotes community involvement
- Leverages OMNI to deliver a frictionless customer experience
- Ensures all compliance standards are met
- 3-5 years of retail experience leading others
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- College degree preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, and office; work around and with chemicals; lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, to meet the needs of the business including nights, weekends, holidays
- Ability to travel as required
- Business Acumen skills
- Established time management skills
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet, and 10% off markdowns at Gap, Banana Republic and Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Back to top