General Manager - Banana Republic - Carrefour Laval
GENERAL SUMMARY: As a member of the Banana Republic field leadership team, the General Manager (GM) is responsible for managing all aspects of their store's business, including attracting, hiring, and training Brand Ambassadors; executing store strategy; and achieving key business goals.
Drives Business Results
- Drives productivity of team to achieve store financial, revenue and expense targets.
- Monitors sales forecasts to ensure labor is utilized to optimize traffic and sales.
- Leads implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies.
- Ensures team executes operational excellence by engaging customers through in service mindset.
- Works with team to measure the success of brand initiatives, in-store trends and market insights to drive growth.
Ambassador for the Store and Brand
- Represents our brand within their market, understanding our competitors as well as driving community relationships.
- Promotes store involvement in Community in Action programs.
- Upholds a high-quality store experience for the external and internal customer.
- Builds effective relationships with cross-divisional and store-center partners.
- Attracts and selects high potential talent; assesses for skill and cultural fit.
- Accountable for team performance through consistent coaching and feedback.
- Creates development plans that support performance needs and career growth for self and direct reports.
- Holds store team and self accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance.
- Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education, awareness and compliance.
- Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State, and Gap Inc. employment requirements
3035 BOULEVARD LE CARREFOUR
- 3-5 years of retail management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through motivation, inspiration and accountability.
- Shows internal drive to succeed.
- Ability to communicate well with others and provide clarity to the team about the mission and the day-to-day goals.
- Skilled at recognizing great performance and excels at delivering constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in problem solving.
- Has a solid understanding of the business, and a drive to continually apply knowledge to grow the business.
- Established time management skills and effective planning and prioritizing skills.
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around salesfloor, stockroom and office.
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top