General Liability & Property Claims Specialist, Gap Inc.
Manage and handle Company insured and self-insured liability, including serious/complex liability and property claims & business interruption claims. Reports & confers with insurers, attorneys and business partners, including Gap Inc. Legal and Customer Relations. Manage & monitor outstanding claim files and litigated matters and determines future course of handling. Bring claims to closure equitably and expeditiously.
- Learning Agility
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Customer Impact
- Self-starter, works efficiently and quickly
- Resolves third party and property claims for all Brands
- Provides direction to field regarding accidents that occur on premises
- Strong decision making skills
- Manage insured and self-insured liability claims: Control and coordinate all claim process: investigation and discovery, interrogatories and answers and litigation management, direction and settlement authority. Develop and implement pro-active claim management strategy on all large or high-visibility claims. Attend high-level mediations and trials, as necessary.
- Identify claims to handle internally to resolve claims and avoid TPA expense.
- Communicate the Company's claims management philosophy to claims administrators and ensure compliance with it.
- Conduct claim reviews with third-party claims administrators on a regular basis
- Work with and coordinate between Legal, the claims administrator, defense attorneys and others to successfully manage and close insured Liability claims.
- Coordinate all aspects of a property damage loss including: salvage company use, store construction, field personnel, and others to assure timely store repair and documentation of expenses
- Responsible for under deductible Property claims subrogation
- Technical Knowledge: General to advanced knowledge of Liability and Property Claims. Good working knowledge of PC software, including Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS), word processing and excel spreadsheets.
- Claims Handling: Excellent negotiation skills; Strong understanding of legal system and ability to work with all areas in system; Cost containment skills; Ability to interface with various internal departments and external partners and vendors
- Communication Skills: Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications. Excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to move effectively within and across many organizational boundaries.
- Policy: General Liability & Property insurance coverage and insurance policy analysis skills, including ability to make coverage determinations
Minimum educational level:
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) and/or Associate in Claims (AIC) a plus
- 3+ years of Liability claims management. 1+ years of experience in Risk Management or related field a plus. Willing to train for Property claims management.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top