General Liability & Property Claims Specialist
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Manage and handle Company insured and self-insured liability, including serious/complex liability and property claims & business interruption claims. Reports & confers with insurers, attorneys and business partners, including Gap Inc. Legal and Customer Relations. Manage & monitor outstanding claim files and litigated matters and determines future course of handling. Bring claims to closure equitably and expeditiously.
- Manage insured and self-insured liability claims: Control and coordinate all claim process: investigation and discovery, interrogatories and answers and litigation management, direction and settlement authority. Develop and implement pro-active claim management strategy on all large or high-visibility claims. Attend high-level mediations and trials, as necessary
- Identify claims to handle internally to resolve claims and avoid TPA expense
- Communicate the Company's claims management philosophy to claims administrators and ensure compliance with it
- Conduct claim reviews with third-party claims administrators on a regular basis
- Work with and coordinate between Legal, the claims administrator, defense attorneys and others to successfully manage and close insured Liability claims
- Coordinate all aspects of a property damage loss including: salvage company use, store construction, field personnel, and others to assure timely store repair and documentation of expenses
- Responsible for under deductible Property claims subrogation
- Technical Knowledge: General to advanced knowledge of Liability and Property Claims. Good working knowledge of PC software, including Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS), word processing and excel spreadsheets
- Claims Handling: Excellent negotiation skills; Strong understanding of legal system and ability to work with all areas in system; Cost containment skills; Ability to interface with various internal departments and external partners and vendors
- Communication Skills: Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications. Excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to move effectively within and across many organizational boundaries
- Policy: General Liability & Property insurance coverage and insurance policy analysis skills, including ability to make coverage determinations
Minimum educational level:
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Liability claims management. 1+ years of experience in Risk Management or related field a plus. Willing to train for Property claims management
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top