Food Service Cashier, Gap Inc.
As one of the world's largest specialty retailers, our past is full of iconic moments. But we're most passionate about the future, and the people who will help make our next decade just as groundbreaking as the last five. That's where you come in. Our team is seeking a Cashier/Catering Assistant to provide excellent customer service to all Headquarter employees and visitors, and support our catering and on-site events. Responsibilities include accurately recording and reporting cash flow daily, assisting with logistics for on-site events. Requires proactive and consistent communication with Business Partners, experience working with cross-functional teams, and ability to develop solutions to increase department efficiency and deliver excellent customer service.
- Customer Impact
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Learning Agility
- Develops and maintains relationships with all levels of leadership and event representatives within Corporate, Brands and Field organizations.
- Works with brand business partners to establish service level expectations and ensure team is providing the best level of customer service possible.
- Leads and inspires functional team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Provide excellent customer service by demonstrating energetic, and positive attitude with customer interactions
- Assisting customers with requests and questions
- Communicating customer's needs to management
- Recognize and respond appropriately to customer's requests
- Process customer transactions in an efficient and timely manner
- Assist in catering set ups, setting up carts, delivery of catering
- Requires working events that are before/after normal business hours
- Ordering of products
- Filling out catering request invoices
- Communicating and working closely with the chef/sous chef
- Communicating and working closely with facilities, operations, global events and janitorial
- Must be flexible in splitting time between cashiering and catering
- Accurately record and report daily register cash flow
- Reconcile monies against POS report
- Adhere to cash handling policy standards
- Process customer transactions accurately
- Maintain acceptable café appearance
- Ensure all areas are stocked with appropriate products
- Report any maintenance issues to Supervisor
- Other tasks or duties as assigned
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Exceptional communication and written skill
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain comprehensive relationships
- Strong technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of cash handling
- Demonstrated success in management and problem solving
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
- Professional and mature attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
Minimum educational level
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalency
- 3-5 years experience as cashier/catering
- Corporate Food Service experience a plus
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to move throughout the café and kitchen
- Must be able to lift over 30 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, employment/non-employment status or disability status.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top