Floor Manager - Lewisham
- Larkhall, United Kingdom
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots whilst always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.
About the role
The Floor Manager supports the Store Manager in: driving revenue, controlling costs, leading an empowered team, developing and retaining talent within the store and delivers against all legal compliance procedures. The Floor Manager trains, develops and manages Sales Associates, and supports the Store Manager to achieve maximum sales. The Floor Manager's role is to constantly look for new opportunities and ways of working that will create a better business and acts as the manager on duty in the absence of the Store or/Assistant Manager.
Drives Business Results
What you'll do
- Accountable for assisting the Store Manager with controllable costs in store and ensure compliance to store targets.
- Manages Sub 2 through effective vacation scheduling and management of sickness in store.
- Drives the analysis of performance through the business KPI's.
Ambassador for the Store and Brand
- Assists in leading the store team to deliver the best customer store experience in retail through:
- Visual execution and optimal use of both space and fixtures
- Fitting Rooms Service/Selling
- Shop floor replenishment
- Customer outfitting/Personal stylists
- Develops and trains sales-oriented Associates equipped with product knowledge.
- Identifies and resolves problem areas within the sales area.
- Supports the store management team to provide outstanding leadership to the store team generating high levels of motivation and commitment.
- Supports the store management in the execution of the stores people plan.
- Provides coaching and development to ensure the store is constantly striving to up-grade and develop its talent.
- Ensures performance and potential is monitored continuously to provide a knowledgeable and effective associate resource through IDPs.
- Live performance Management, supporting the performance management process in store with the Managers to create a climate of high quality feedback, coaching and development.
- Creates training and development plans using IDPs.
- Ensures full training for all employees.
- Ensures shelf availability, data integrity, shrink control, P&P compliance.
- Ensures compliance with statutory and policy led controls.
- Delivers proposed action or programs initiated to reduce shrinkage levels in store. Monitors the effectiveness of such programs.
- Supports the training of store employees on loss prevention related areas.
- Proven leadership and communication skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence staff.
- Must have high sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and to make effective decisions in a timely manner.
- Allocates time effectively, handles multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated management skills as a supervisor of others.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business may require weekends and evening shifts. Overnights may be required.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top