Floor Coordinator - Georgetown
INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We're known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We're always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
As an INTERMIX Floor Coordinator you are responsible for delivering and sometimes leading the transformational customer experience, building our brand one customer at a time and ultimately driving our business through sales. With the added responsibility of being a Key Holder, you will also have store open/closing responsibilities, which requires a high degree of maturity and integrity. The ideal candidate should be authentic, have a genuine curiosity and interest in people, and a defined fashion & style sensibility. Additionally, you must have exceptional selling skills, and be savvy about the visual and operational aspects of the role.
Be a Team Player
- Model behavior that reflects the company's core values
- Appropriately manage conflict and take ownership for your part in the team dynamic
- Demonstrate a high degree of maturity and integrity
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented
Deliver the Customer Experience
- Contribute to an environment that consistently delivers a transformational customer experience
- Demonstrate strong use of selling skills
- Ensure a high level of customer service through extensive product knowledge and product ownership
- Take ownership for the customer journey in your store - customize it for your customer demographic and develop & maintain productive customer relationships
- Maintain a "One Company" perspective on charge sends, returns, and other such transactions that are critical to a positive customer experience
Represent the Brand
- Understand and communicate the INTERMIX brand philosophy and lifestyle with each other and the customer
- Emulate the brand aesthetic and embody a strong sense of fashion and an enthusiastic attitude
- Contribute to maintaining all brand and operating standards to support brand consistency
- Assist in maintaining store presentation standards
- Leverage in-store technology to ensure every customer's experience is transformational
- Perform store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing the registers and securing the facility
- Ensure all sales and operational policies and procedures are maintained
- Accurately process all POS transactions and capture of customer information and assist when necessary with operational and back of house activities
- Adhere to all policies and procedures with a focus on loss prevention and operational excellence
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Achievement of personal sales and metric goals
- Build and maintain new and existing customer relationships
- Maintain a solid, organized client book which furthers your customer relationships and generates consistent, proactive sales volume
- Be aware of and react to the rhythm of your business, not just relying on walk-in traffic but through clienteling, outreach and event opportunities
- 2-4 yrs. experience in a high volume, customer-driven retail environment.
- Strong personal selling and customer relations experience.
- Ability to lift (at least 30 lbs), carry, push, pull, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach and bend.
- Availability and flexibility to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, store openings and closings, to meet the needs of the business.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top