Flex Associate - Banana Republic - Valley West
Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority.
Flex Associates will be assigned to either Merchandise Presentation or Customer Experience depending on experience. Flex Associates are required to work a minimum of 1 event every 6 weeks throughout the year. Events include but are not limited to:
- Roll outs
- Merchandise moves
- Peak sales periods
- Store specific events
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work Flex Associates are assigned to perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains work area and sales floor standards to promote a safe working and shopping environment and to maximize the customer shopping experience.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct.
- Performs all merchandise handling to standard throughout the store.
- Demonstrates effective communication when interacting with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Processes markdowns.
- Performs stock checks for customers in collaboration with stock team.
- Maintains the sales floor, fitting rooms and cash-wrap areas.
- Locates merchandise for customers in-store, and over the phone.
- Processes and run go-backs.
- Performs recovery duties throughout the day and at closing.
- If customer facing, execute on all required Service Model behaviors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Loss Prevention techniques.
- Reports to a member of the leadership team.
- Receives daily direction from Manager on Duty.
- Creates teams and partnerships with all store team members.
Flex Associates will be held accountable to all guidelines set forth in the Work Schedule and Attendance Policy with the following exception:
Time and Attendance Guidelines: No more than two events may be entirely missed in a 12 month rolling period. The third occurrence will result in corrective action up to and including termination. Each situation will be reviewed in partnership with field human resources. All other provisions of the Banana Republic Work Schedule and Attendance Policy remain in effect.
1551 VALLEY WEST DRIVE
- Desire to work with customers in a retail setting
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Ability to receive and adapt to feedback when appropriate
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Scheduling availability that meets the needs of the business
- Ability to safely lift and carry 10 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top