Flagship Human Resources Manager - Harlem
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
As the General Manager, you are responsible for leading your team to deliver a profitable store business plan. You ensure your store achieves all key metrics and is meeting or exceeding goals. You are the link between the brand vision and how it comes to life in your store. You drive profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store to include, Customer Operations, Merchandising, Product Operations, and talent development. As the General Manager, you will teach and coach behaviors to your store team that delivers a best in class customer experience.
What you'll do
- Analyzes results, identifies opportunities and makes decisions in collaboration with the leadership team to drive key performance indicators
- Drive profitable sales through forecasting and scheduling
- Manages store budget for daily operations in support of the P&L
- Builds highly productive teams through sourcing, selecting and developing people
- Accountable for team performance through coaching and feedback.
- Teaches and trains to build capabilities.
- Leads the implementation and execution of all Standard Operating Procedures and initiatives
- Creates an inclusive environment
- Implements action plans to maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Performs Service Leader duties
- Represents the brand and understands the competitors
- Promotes community involvement
- Leverages OMNI to deliver a frictionless customer experience
- Ensures all compliance standards are met
- 3-5 years of retail experience leading others
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- College degree preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, and office; work around and with chemicals; lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, to meet the needs of the business including nights, weekends, holidays
- Ability to travel as required
- Business Acumen skills
- Established time management skills
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top