Flagship Human Resource Manager - Sawgrass Mills
GENERAL SUMMARY: Serve as partner to Gap Flagship leadership team, providing proactive solutions and coaching on people-related initiatives and processes. Foster a positive environment for employees and customers. Develop store management teams' capabilities in talent policies, procedures and practices. Implement effective hiring, training and retention practices. Is a resource for all Talent functions including: employee relations, hiring, training, performance management, compensation administration, management development, succession planning and focal review process within the Flagship store. Serve as a Talent/HR resource for the Store Director. Is a member of the Gap Field Talent Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee Engagement (40%):
- Leads as an employee advocate.
- Analyzes employee trends and Talent metrics and makes recommendation to Store Director.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for initiatives and programs to enhance the store environment to drive high employee engagement; equips Store leaders to own and execute initiatives and programs.
- Drives achievement of EOS action plans.
- Evaluates Store climate on a regular basis and implements a proactive, employee-focused plan to maintain or improve the work environment.
- Assists leaders in promoting community service amongst store employees by organizing events and recognizing participation and achievements in store.
- Implements store-specific communication plan to provide opportunities for employees and leaders to communicate about the business, store environment and employees needs/concerns.
- Leads and inspires employee loyalty by ensuring employee concerns are heard by appropriate leaders and responded to promptly.
- Champion for Gap recognition and reward programs; ensures leaders' effective utilization of programs.
- Supports roll-out of Gap Inc. and Gap brand Talent-related initiatives, procedures and programs.
- Equips and enables store leaders' to coordinate the focal review process for management and sales.
- Participates in and provides feedback and recommendations on key Gap brand Talent Initiatives and projects as assigned by Field Talent Manager.
Employee Journey (20%):
- Supports Store Director in developing Store succession plan; owns the implementation of succession planning process.
- Consults with store leaders on the development and implementation of the Store's retention strategy; monitors achievement of optimal staffing levels to maximize business opportunity.
- Implements comprehensive practices and education to enable store leaders and Talent Attraction Team to execute effective sourcing, recruiting and selection activities in the Store.
- Coordinates a quality on-boarding experience for all employees within the Store.
- Drives future growth of Store through effective recruitment, selection and on-boarding of Store management candidates.
- Is a resource for company recruiting and hiring technology.
Learning & Development (20%):
- Partners with Store Director and Field Talent Manager on building a Talent plan for the Store.
- Ensures scheduling and delivery of company-required training within appropriate timelines.
- Serves as store change management leader and facilitator.
- Partners with store leaders to develop associates through training, coaching, career-pathing, and job responsibilities to maintain a high caliber work force and qualified pool of promotable candidates.
- Equips and enables Store Director to design effective leadership and store meetings.
- Maximizes individual and team leadership effectiveness through observation, feedback, coaching and teambuilding.
- Creates development and training plan for dotted-line direct report(s).
- Contributes input and a store's perspective as a member of the Field Talent Team.
- Imparts feedback and/or input to Talent Team projects and initiatives as needed and/or directed by the Field Talent Manager.
Employee Relations (10%):
- Offers insight and direction to Store Director and leadership team on issues involving performance management, corrective action and employment decisions/actions.
- In partnership with Field Talent Manager and Store Director, investigates employee relations issues within the Store; partners with Employee Relations Manager.
- Investigates employee relations issues within the Region on an as-needed basis, assigned by the Field Talent Manager
- Partners with Employee Relations Manager, Store Director (or District Manager) and Field Talent Manager in making outcome recommendations at the conclusion of assigned employee relations investigations.
Policy & Procedure (10%):
- Knows and communicates HR/Talent policies and procedures.
- Serves as a policy/procedure resource for Regional business partners.
- Champions the Open Door Policy and standards of confidentiality within the Store.
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of Gap policies and procedures in addition to compliance with all local State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Reports to Field Talent Manager
- May have dotted line reports within the Store to drive HR related programs/initiatives
- Interacts with all levels of Headquarters and Field management
- Works closely with Store Leadership team
- Partners with Employee Relations Manager
- Partners with Field Talent Attraction Manager
- Partners with other Flagship Talent Managers
12801 W. SUNRISE BLVD.
- Demonstrates a proven track record to deliver people results
- Demonstrates ability to handle elevated complex issues and offer effective broad-based solutions
- Ability to influence business partners and senior leadership within the store and region
- Innovative thinker with a competency in process management
- Ability to react to insights/trends and is forward thinking
- Ability to implement brand/region talent initiatives in a consistent, effective and timely manner
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Exemplifies Gap, Inc.'s Values and Behaviors
- Demonstrates strong decision quality
- Ability to skillfully develop leaders and employees
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 3 years Human Resources experience
- Gap Inc. experience preferred
- Fluent in Spanish preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Managing direct reports experience preferred
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required. May include occasional weekend travel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs
Minimum Educational Level
- 4-year college degree or equivalent preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top