Flagship Human Resource Manager - Citadel
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
As the Flagship Human Resources Manager, you are responsible to work in collaboration with your Store Director/Sr. General Manager in the creation and execution of the People Plan for a Flagship location. You play a key role in maintaining focus around all people aspects of the business which includes: employee relations, staffing, training, employee development, succession planning, employee engagement, compensation, and coaching for performance. You ensure we have the right, capable talent to drive results within your location. You will teach and coach behaviors with management enabling a high performing-team to deliver a best-in-class store experience to our internal and external customer. As part of the Gap Human Resources Team you will support brand initiatives and key projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with business partners to develop and execute people strategies in support of Gap's annual and long-term plans
- Provides thought leadership and management coaching at all levels; assesses appropriate development solutions for talent needs, including individual, team and bench development
- Ensures an optimistic, rewarding and collaborative work environment in which employees are encouraged to grow their careers in support of our succession and talent pipeline goals
- Accountable for appropriate staffing levels of Sales Associates, Specialists, and Managers
- Serves as a Talent Ambassador for newly hired Managers to ensure training objectives are met
- Conducts employee relations investigations analyzing potential risk; develops and executes plans to address
- Drives the annual performance assessment & rewards process
- Ensures consistent application of policies, practices and companyvalues, ensuring overall compliance
- Leads a culture of community in the store to drive engagement and build connections amongst the team
Collaboration and Influencing
- Has exceeded goals; personal achievements and successfully motivated others
- Experienced in approaching challenges, taking risks, learning fast and leading change
- Displayed a desire to learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors
- Utilized understanding of retail industry and marketplace to effectively implement a people strategy with the customer in mind
- Has observed performance and influenced leaders with business recommendations and candid feedback
- Built trusting partnerships and connections at all levels showing understanding of roles and business needs
- Proven track record of hiring and developing employees in support of a strong talent pipeline
- Has objectively coached and counseled managers and employees on key policies and initiatives
- Supports Store Director in developing Store succession plan; owns the implementation of succession planning process.
- Consults with store leaders on the development and implementation of the Store's retention strategy; monitors achievement of optimal staffing levels to maximize business opportunity.
- Implements comprehensive practices and education to enable store leaders and Talent Attraction Team to execute effective sourcing, recruiting and selection activities in the Store.
- Coordinates a quality on-boarding experience for all employees within the Store.
- Drives future growth of Store through effective recruitment, selection and on-boarding of Store management candidates.
- Is a resource for company recruiting and hiring technology.
- As a Flagship HR Manager, you are part of the store, District and Global HR teams
- You collaborate with business partners in Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Compensation and Talent Acquisition
- You drive talent management and succession planning activities; identify and enact plans to ensure a consistent and high quality talent pipeline for the store by proactively partnering with the business and Talent Acquisition
- You collaborate with peers and cross-functional partners in the stores organization to make the best business decisions for your function, store and district
- You invest in building and maintaining relationships throughout the organization to provide productive collaboration and feedback to improve processes
- You ensure the store environment is a great place to work by fostering open communication and resolving employee concerns thoroughly and urgently
- You act as a trusted leader with understanding of the impact of initiatives on employee engagement and retention, customer experience, store workload, productivity and compliance
You uphold the commitments to the company's processes, values and Code of Business Conduct & Open Door Policy
100 CITADEL DRIVE
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of HR/management retail experience preferred
- Familiar with federal, state and local labor regulations
- Gap Inc. experience preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top