Fixture Designer, Gap Inc.
Support Global Creative Services team to include:
- Collaborate with Gap Inc. Brands stakeholder and Business Partners to support the store design process across all global channels for multiple brands
- Assist in design development
- Execute design renderings and drawings to support of brand visions
- Support Director with assigned duties and responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Global Creative Services team and Business Partners
- Listen actively to help brand leaders fulfill their vision for store experience
- Generate design concepts of fixtures, visual propping, marketing, environments, and special elements.
- Create 3D Solid Models, Assemblies, & Drawing Details.
- Generate 3D Renderings, Hand Sketches, and Rapid Ideations.
- Review Shop Drawings, Cut Sheets, and Design Details.
- Ability to propose resolutions for design specific issues.
- Ability to have a global point of view and support brand strategies and implementation.
- Work within people and processes; support business partners, vendors, and consultant(s).
- Support cross-functional relationships with business partners on specific programs or initiatives.
- Maintain a competitive edge for fixture design and retail industry trends.
- Understanding of proportion and ability to translate ideas, forms, and functions into cohesive design concepts with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create, understand and translate three-dimensional space concepts into conceptual drawings.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task managing between different brands, scope and project type.
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience in fixture design, furniture design, interior or architectural design; retail design a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Interior Design, or Architecture.
- Solidworks, Sketchup, and AutoCad proficient.
- 3D Rendering, PhotoShop, Illustrator, or any graphic program preferred.
- Limited travel as required.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top