Fit Specialist & Tech Design Support
The Fit Model is responsible for representing the Brand's Physical Fit - target customer for body measurements, shape and proportion. The model will fit garments throughout the week, during scheduled fitting sessions as well as other key meetings where fit and aesthetic is reviewed. The model will provide feedback on aesthetic fit, technical fit, and functional fit to meet the Brand customer expectation.
Old Navy's Fit Model must have excellent people and communication skills, and is able to articulate how garments fit and feel with confidence and clarity.
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Trust & Honesty
KEY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Size: Medium (8)
- Height: 5'5" - 5'7"
- Bust: 34-36in
- Cup Size: B or C
- Waist: (Natural) 28-30in
- Low Hip: 38-40in
Body measurements must be maintained and no more than +/- ¼" from the above specification (except for height). Fit Models are measured weekly.
- Maintain physical fit - key body measurements, size, shape, proportions.
- Model/Fit clothing/accessories in front of large group of people. 'Clothing' will also include swimwear, lounge & lingerie.
- Work closely with Technical Design to understand the desired styling & fit intent of each silhouette & fit camp.
- Advise on difficulties pertaining to the garments accessibility, comfort & mobility during the fit sessions.
- Support research and participate in competitive fits, sizing and construction relevant to the marketplace.
- Participate in fittings as assigned - may include cross brand fittings upon request.
- Participate in wear testing as assigned.
- Attends presentations, line reviews and other Brand meetings as requested.
- Participate in store visits as assigned.
- Support Tech Design function during non fitting periods; such as measuring samples, entering data into garment specs, scheduling fittings, supporting wearer trial administration.
- Ability to maintain body specifications within the allowed tolerance.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Professionalism, great communication skills and a willingness to help.
- Efficient time keeping skills and a high sense of urgency required.
- Proficient computer skills; i.e. - MS Outlook, Excel, Word, & Powerpoint
Back to top