Financial Analyst, Global Real Estate Capital Markets
Gap Inc. is hiring an Analyst to fill a critical role within the Global Real Estate Finance team. Based in our San Francisco Bay Area corporate offices, you will obtain a unique experience in how we run our global real estate portfolio.
This position plays an integral part in developing the company's real estate capital investment strategy and setting the annual budget. We are looking for an analytical, systems savvy candidate to fill this role, utilizing a strong corporate finance background to turn data into insights and drive value creation through our capital planning. Candidates that are best suited for this role are systems savvy, bring a strong analytical aptitude and the ability to think strategically. This position is open to both internal and external candidates and is ideal for highly motivated and driven individuals who are passionate about retail and real estate.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Assist in Gap Inc.'s strategic real estate capital planning and setting the annual capital budget
- Manage the quarterly capital expenditures, store count and square footage forecasts
- Maintain the store investment model used to analyze financial returns for all global real estate investments
- Support management and cross-functional business partners with timely, accurate, actionable analysis
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with all business partners including Real Estate Field, Real Estate Management, Store Operations, Store Design, Visual, Construction, Legal, Corporate Finance & Corporate Shared Services
- Expert in Excel functionality, including Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.
- Strong in PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Access and Hyperion Essbase is a plus
- Solid understanding of financial modeling such as IRR/NPV analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial analysis and business objectives into clear business recommendations
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Looks for opportunities to improve existing processes
- Team player with a positive attitude
Back to top