File Clerk, Legal Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
We are looking for an organized File Clerk to do digital and physical file management and maintenance. The individual will organize paperwork according to an efficient filing system and digitalize all important documents. They will be expected to protect and update files as well as make them easily accessible to your colleagues.
A file clerk must be organized and possess a serious understanding of confidentiality and data protection. The ideal candidate will be skilled in computers and detail-oriented.
The goal is to preserve the company's records and manage paperwork effectively.
- Support multiple teams within legal - develop relationships to facilitate workflow
- Manage and evolve the filing process for both paper and electronic files including data entry, organization, cross-referencing, scanning and copying - to keep all files (paper and digital) organized, accessible and compliant
- Develop an efficient filing system to make updating and retrieving files easier
- Create or update records with new files and information while keeping current files and documents organized in designated places securing the important documents
- Audit incoming paperwork (correspondence, leases, etc.) and ensure no materials in file are lost
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, occasionally with deadline pressures
- Maintain clear communication with all teams on a regular basis, through weekly/monthly meetings to stay current with the needs of the business
- Retrieve files from file rooms as necessary
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information
- Monitor inventory of files, paper clips etc. and report shortages
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of filing systems and the ability
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc.
- Excellent knowledge of general office equipment and computer hardware
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- High school degree or equivalent
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top