Fabric & Raw Material Lead, Global Sourcing
Fabric & Raw Material lead works across Gap Inc Brands and the Global Supply Chain to establish and drive fabric strategy for achieving our KPIs (financial and operational) and drive initiatives to build innovation capabilities. The leader will drive consistent and best in class Fabric Development process across Brands, as well as Gap International Sourcing categories. The role will be accountable and responsible for strategic fabric development across Gap International Sourcing's categories and capitalizing on the fabric platforming opportunities. This key global leadership role will liaise at various intersections across the organization to cultivate innovation, quality & partnership on Fabric.
- Establish raw material strategy to support brand requirements across speed, flex and cost
- Introduce new mills / COOs to drive competitive advantage and support vendor strategy
- Develop and implement sustainable raw material cost strategies to mitigate macro headwinds and capitalize on macro tailwinds
- Create and maintain product-based mill matrix to support product-based supply chain planning
Mill Management & Operations
- Develop and maintain mill performance management framework to drive on-time delivery, quality, cost, sustainability, responsiveness and effective communication
- Consolidate mill base to drive efficiency and leveraged cost negotiations
- Implement end-end process across development and bulk to drive quality consistency and continuous improvement
- Develop fabric that meets brand aesthetic and target price, in-line with seasonal milestones
- Partner with brand R&D to introduce differentiated newness seasonally
- Partner with Design and R&D to establish new technology platforms that ensure on-going core product elevation
- Resolve bulk fabric and garment related quality issues with mills and vendors
- Develop mill and vendor technical capabilities
- Assess risk during development to avoid downstream quality issues in bulk
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop innovative fabric/yarn/finishing solutions.
- Explore market to identify new / innovative technologies
- Create eco-systems that support identification and implementation of innovation projects
- Develops innovation and quality culture
- Global Fabric Sourcing Development - Experience in driving the development of fabric including designing, sourcing and utilization of various materials.
- Technical Project - Experience of managing project related to applying technical changes and products.
- Global Business Acumen - Experience in building a multiyear growth strategy in a materials function
- Experimentation - proven ability to gather and analyze data along with implementing learnings for future use
- Experience in driving the development of fabric (designing, sourcing and utilization of various materials)
- Leading the technical changes initiative impacting raw material and garment
- Experience in building a multiyear strategy in a materials function
- proven ability to gather and analyze data along with implementing learnings for future use
- Talent builder proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams
- Collaboration : proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in A matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal leadership : demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change leadership : experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Team Leadership- has successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships)
Back to top