Fabric Manager - Print
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role supports our critical objectives of Fabric developments / print development, print execution, print innovation, competitive advantage, quality, and cost optimization through various technology and application on fabrics / printed fabrics. Specifically, this role will be responsible for supporting assessments of sourcing options on print, facilitating technical product development discussions with mill/vendor counterparts, and problem-solving issues which arise during the development and production cycle. This role will also be instrumental in our drive to increase our fabric print adoption, develop new sources for fabrics / fabric prints by continuing to build on our strategic relationships with fabric suppliers. This role will work closely with the Director of Mill Management
- Leverages on technical knowledge and experience together with in depth understanding of the strengths and capabilities of suppliers to bring innovation from our suppliers.
- Understands different print landscape / techniques, end to end print process, able to provide suggestions and improvements
- Ability to understand the impact of different print techniques on various subtracts and composition. Provide recommendation between on various print type like reactive print, Pigment print, disperse print & acid print based on composition
- Provide recommendation on various print method between sublimation, flat screen, Rotary print and digital prints
- Able to guide mills on cad, color separation and turning around print samples in short period .
- Supports Ad Hoc Countering in partnership with Mill Management team; Ensure fabrics developed are approvable, meet performance standards and work with suppliers to resolve any issues if needed
- Ability to do "should be" costings for fabrics and prints to support competitive negotiations by Mill Management team
- Participates in assessment of new Fabric Suppliers and new mills / printers onboarding
- Work with vendors/mills to resolve or trouble-shoot any quality issues called out
- Develops the technical knowledge of team members
- Technical Projects - Experience in print mill and fabric mill . Experience managing projects fabric/technical related
- Business Acumen - Experience in building and establishing fabric/technical strategy
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
- Experimentation - proven ability to gather and analyze data along with implementing learnings for future use
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated leadership presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a technical tea
Back to top