Event Project Coordinator (Part-time Contract) - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
We're looking for a detail oriented project coordinator who will provide daily coordination support to the Field Communications Team overseeing our annual Field Leadership Conference. You need to be extremely organized, have an attentive eye for detail, and capable of managing multiple deadlines at once.
This role is responsible for coordinating the day to day administrative tasks required for running a multi event that includes hundreds of participants. This role will coordinate timelines, deadlines, budgets, and meetings in conjunction with the Sr Manager of Field Communications, ensuring the project is executed flawlessly.
This is a contract, part-time position from September – April 2018. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Athleta Communications, and works closely with all levels of the division's corporate and field organizations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Coordination
- Coordinates operational and administrative functions to ensure our Field Leadership Conference is delivered on time and within budget, while meeting (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
- Manages operational and administrative functions ensuring the master run of show is always accurate, that there is clear and articulate follow up communicated from every planning meeting and that there are owners assigned to every task in each function.
- Coordinates project timelines, ensuring all deadlines are clearly articulated and being met.
- Sets, communicates and maintains timelines and priorities of the project in conjunction with Sr Manager of Field Communication.
- Publishes event communication and updates to attendees in conjunction with event production team.
- Event Coordination
- Oversees some event production including: event registration of 200+ attendees, shipping and logistics, vendor print deadlines, and vendor payments.
- Works onsite during the event, ensuring execution of set-up and tear-down are completely flawlessly.
ONE HARRISON STREET
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You're a strong, confident event coordinator
- You have experience coordinating events in a corporate setting or for a corporation
- You're extremely comfortable working in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- You're tech savvy
- You have strong administrative skills, and can easily multi-task, follow up and manage competing priorities all under tight deadlines
- You're a self-starter, but when something is over your head you aren't afraid to ask for help
- General graphic design skills/ capabilities are a plus!
- 1-3 years of event or project management experience
- Retail experience a plus
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top