Engineering Intern (Summer) - Fresno Distribution Campus
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
- Develop a strong understanding of the methods used by the Operations departments and the process flow of merchandise through the facility and recommend best methods for each process
- Apply knowledge of Industrial Engineering principles to research and measure the potential of process improvements.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures
- Creation/revision of work measurement standards (Expectations). Utilize "MOST", Maynard Operation Sequence Technique or Manhattan Labor Management.
Long Range Plan
- Perform Data collection, analysis, and dissemination
- Work Measurement (Expectations) Maintenance, Performance Measures, Value Analysis
- Capacity planning
- Perform Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Support Engineering and Operations Initiatives
- Communicate with Maintenance and IT to discuss ideas affecting MHE or IT hardware
- Perform Special Projects as assigned
Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver
- Ability to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Ability to synthesize and disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights,
- Effective written and oral communicator
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong experience in:
- Research sources, techniques, and presentation
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Strong communication skills: written and oral
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse cross-functional team
Project and Process Management
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to understand or quickly grasp customer priorities and terminology
- Ability to develop creative insights from research and analysis to drive actionable results
- Ability to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; Oracle preferred and ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly
Minimum educational level
• Undergraduate Engineering degree in progress (Must be Sophomore, Jr. or Sr.)
• GPA of 3.0 or above
• Able to organize, prioritize and manage time
• Previous work experience preferred but not required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top