Employee Services Contact Center Agent
GENERAL SUMMARY: Deliver Tier 1 customer service support via telephone to Store and Corporate employees. Areas of support include policy and procedure related to Payroll, Benefits, and Accounts Payable. Provide log-in support and general navigation instruction for company's self-service portal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support to Store and Corporate employees with questions related to Payroll, Benefits, Accounts Payable and other general Gap Inc. policies and procedures
• Educate and guide internal business partners with questions regarding Employee Discount, Manager Self-Service, Timesheets and the Benefits portal via the company's self-service website
• Contribute to the team by demonstrating creativity, initiative and flexibility
• Assume ownership and responsibility for individual goals as directed by leadership team
• Adhere to all department policies and procedures such as confidentiality, authorized approval signatures, and proper handling of documents
• Demonstrate support of Gap Inc. vision of Customer Service, Continuous Improvement and Cultivating Talent
• Responsible for identifying opportunities for personal and departmental process improvement
• Take responsibility for, and engage manager/supervisor in, managing career growth and skills development
• Contribute to the department's health and success beyond daily roles and responsibilities through participation in choice of an action team or manager-approved individual contribution
• Perform all other projects as assigned by management
• Adhere to all department policies and procedures such as confidentiality, data privacy, and proper handling of personally identifiable information (PII)
This position reports to, and receives direction from the Employee Services Supervisor and Manager. Regular interaction occurs with Employee Services team members across the department and company. Internal customers include, but are not limited to, Store, Distribution Center, and Headquarters' employees. Additional interaction occurs with key business partners from HR functional areas and with external vendors and government agencies.
• Must adhere to assigned work schedule; able to work an 8am-5pm shift, Monday to Friday, and must be able to work occasional over-time on request
• Excellent customer service philosophy based on speed, accuracy, and integrity
• Ability to work on and organize several tasks concurrently/multi-task
• Technical aptitude with regards to navigating multiple web-based applications to search, gather and provide information to business partners in real time
• Capable of displaying empathy and a strong understanding of emotional intelligence
• High-level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated time management skills
• Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
• Capable of working with all levels of management and store personnel
• Basic to intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
• PeopleSoft Financials Human Resources Management System experience a plus
• Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll and Payroll systems experience ideal
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Gap Inc. retail experience a plus
• Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; Demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills; Chooses appropriate tools or technology for tasks; Experiments with new processes, tools or technologies to determine applicability; Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others.
• Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
• Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; Spends the extra effort to put others at ease; Can be warm, pleasant and gracious; Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; Builds rapport well; Is a good listener; Is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
• Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broad range of activities.
• Action Oriented: Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/see as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; Seizes more opportunities than others.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top