Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Email/Chat Specialist II is responsible for assisting customers for all Gap Inc. brands. The role requires identifying customers' needs, resolving questions and complaints which may require research and investigation to reach resolution through the email and live chat channels. The Email/Chat Specialist II is expected to provide exceptional customer service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner to ensure customer concerns are resolved in both written and verbal format.
- Support customers by responding to inbound email and chat and phone support as needed.
- Consistently ensure world class customer service that fully supports Gap Inc. brand promises in written and verbal format.
- Provide customers with first contact resolution and create a low-effort customer experience.
- Develop/present customer service solutions and/or suggest additional items, cross sell, up sell to increase customer satisfaction and enhance customer relationships.
- Work independently to make sound decisions and resolve complex customer situations.
- Identify critical customer service issues and report them.
- Goal-driven; consistently and effectively manage time to achieve optimal efficiency while utilizing resources and business partners to research and resolve customer issues.
- Achieve all effectiveness and efficiency metrics, including Email Handle Time (EHT), Chat Handle Time (CHT), Chat Wrap Up, Phone Handle Time (PHT), Quality and Voice of the Customer (VOC), Schedule Compliance, and Unavailable time.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with peers, leadership, and across the business.
- Ensure cross site and peer collaboration; share knowledge willingly with the team and with colleagues.
- Review individual performance metric reports and action plans with supervisor to understand performance.
- Stay motivated, identifying personal strengths and opportunities, and work with supervisor to develop career enhancing skills.
- Maintain flexibility in department responsibilities.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent; provide customer service telephone support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Upbeat, positive attitude with a desire to please customers
- Keyboarding skills minimum of 40 WPM
- Proven ability to deliver customer service in writing
- Ability to listen attentively and to use information provided by customers to tailor responses and actions to meet the customers' specific needs
- Ability to manage and de-escalate difficult and complicated problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and follow-up multiple tasks/details with accuracy and timeliness
- Strong computer, customer service, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ideal candidate has previous chat and/or email customer service experience
- Computer experience using the internet and working in a Windows-based environment
- Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work, has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals
- Works through challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook
- Knowledge of apparel and fashion terminology preferred
- Business writing experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years college coursework preferred
- Application/PC skills including working with Microsoft Office Word, Communicator and Outlook; MS Excel and Zoom experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment
- Minimum of 6 months experience with Email and/or Chat using Salesforce or equivalent application preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top