OVERVIEW The Editorial manager is a member of the Creative Service team that supports creative needs in terms of seasonal editorial stories, copy writing for window design and in-store marketing materials. He / She is responsible for provide copy for window messages and for a variety of in-store marketing components (e.g. promotion signage, product signage, etc.) as well as marketing related collaterals that support marketing communications objectives, overall brand positioning, and elevation of customer experience. The respective work would need to meet the objectives/strategies for the Brand and for the business. ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP In order to meet the deliverables for the brand and for the business, he/she will partner with the Brand Marketing team, Marketing Agencies, Graphic Designers, Production, and Visual Merchandising teams, and other internal teams as appropriate. Given the retail industry nature and fast-moving business needs, there will be a high degree of needs of quick response and executions to ensure the work of copy writing is effectively and efficiently taking in place, and well incorporates into graphic design to complete the creative as a whole. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Work closely with the Creative director, Brand Managers and graphic designers to execute the creative briefs. Work with the Creative director and merchandising team to develop seasonal product editorial stories for all channels of communication. Write copies and messages that are concise and customer-centric, aiming at effectively elevating the brand, promoting sale of goods, and services. Research, write, edit, and proof-reading all levels of copies including headlines, body copy, legal lines, for all online, offline, external and internal marketing needs. Work closely with graphic designers to provide inputs to bring creative ideas to life along the project phases, from the concepting to presentation, through layout development and final executions. Develop copies/messages for windows and in-store marketing assets in a variety of formats depending on the brand's objectives and seasonal themes. Leverage creative assets from the Global Center and localize copies/messages for the stores in Greater China (Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan). Define and maintain a communication ton and voice that's brand appropriate for Gap and Old Navy.
- 5 years of advertising planning, editor, or equivalent copy writing experience
- Agency background is a plus
- Proven sense to conceptualize creative ideas and accomplished portfolio of prior work
- Have a variety of developed copywriting styles and approaches
- Excellent communication skills to clearly communicate ideas to a team and integrate feedback and direction
- Able to interpret and apply creative direction
- Strong sense and understanding that copy writing/message and graphic design are both crucial to complete a good piece of creative work as a whole
- Results oriented: able to think both strategically and provide creative solutions
- Ability to deliver work in a timely and brand appropriate way
- Exceptional eye for detail
- An understanding of the Gap and Old Navy brands (including aesthetic and taste level) and products.
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Highly flexible and adapts well to a rapidly changing, high sense of urgency environment
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Practical knowledge of what it takes to get creative approved and produced
- Relationships: Proven experience and ability to work cross-functionally
- Should be aware of trends and new ideas, and able to incorporate them into work
- Ability to create and innovate – finding new ways to bring the brand promise to life
- Cultural: An ability to interact with people in different cultures in a way that promotes understanding, and is respectful and effective.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English
- Excellent written communication skills in simplified Chinese, English and traditional Chinese
- Passion for Retail
- Minimum Education Level：University degree or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top