Divisional/ Merchandise Manager, Mill Management
Divisional/ Merchandise Manager will report to the Material Management lead and will be responsible for executing the fabric and mill strategy for the assigned region / area / category. The role will be responsible for managing the development and innovation agenda for the function in assigned area. The role will be accountable for managing the initial costing and Mill Partnership.
- Approves costing closure of Strategic fabrics
- Ensure participation in fashion shows / fabric fairs
- Collaborates with vendor management to align vendor and mill strategies
- Partner with Vendor Management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
- Responsible for managing the costing of Seasonal fabrics
- Support the category fabric platforming opportunities
- Works with vertical vendors in their location to ensure proper systems documentation of RDs and prices
- Accountable for maintaining fabric library in their location
- Ensure vendors empowered to approve development, labdips of their area of responsibility
- Manage fabric counter process
- Negotiate fabric costing
- Support for mill visit.
- Manage and own risk assessment communication with cross functional teams
- Growth Project - Experience of managing fabric related project
- Business Acumen- Experience in developing strategy
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated leadership presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
- Experimentation- proven ability to gather and analyze data along with implementing learnings for future use
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top