Division Merchandise Manager, Women’s Denim, Bottoms, Maternity & Outerwear, Gap Brand
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Women's Denim, Bottoms, Maternity & Outerwear Divisional Merchandise Manager is responsible for driving the Omni Women's Denim, Bottoms, Maternity & Outerwear Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global/regional business. They will develop, communicate and drive Omni Women's Denim, Bottoms, Maternity & Outerwear seasonal business product strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and the customer expectations, while leading and inspiring teams. They will lead the divisional Women's Bottom, Denim, and Maternity & Outerwear cross functional teams in the development of a compelling product line. Initiatives include developing and driving assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, identifying business opportunities, fabric liability process, Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond and Market hind-sighting, this position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Key Member of Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and has interaction with senior leadership.
- Leads the Cross Functional Team to be; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast moving and team oriented
- Influences Global Design to ensure that design supports customer and business needs while remaining innovative.
- Collaborates with Inventory Management teams to build a Global Flow Strategy, while ensuring that specific needs of each region are met.
- Collaborates with Production to ensure that sourcing strategies are cost-effective and in compliance with the company's legal standards.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Develops and seamlessly integrates merchandise strategy, recommending commercially viable promotional strategies, resulting in increased earnings.
- Builds assortments that meet global and regional needs and deliver a single, efficient, detailed global assortment plan to Design
- Creates strong assortment architecture anchored to SVL
- Identifies product opportunities.
- Leads, directs, and develops Merchandising team from concept, milestone, and final assortment stages of product development.
- Partners with Product Management to ensure design supports customer and business needs while remaining innovative
- Partners with Design on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top