Division Merchandise Manager - Accessories
The Divisional Merchandise Manager of Product Development will be responsible and accountable for monitoring the entire product development pipeline from development through to order placement by driving product excellence in the delivery, quality, cost and service level agreement required of external and internal customers. S/he will also be responsible for product innovation and proposing cost saving opportunities that are aligned with sourcing and vendor strategies cascaded by Category Sourcing team. S/he will also be responsible for bringing in new vendors to support the delivery of our business strategy and growth plan.
- Manages accessories and product development processes in a timely manner
- Manages development sampling and initial costs
- Ensures product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards
- Escalates quality issues to the Category Sourcing team
- Works with vendors/tech team to ensure VDA for lab dips and ensure VDA for fits/sampling changes
- Manage vendor relationship and new vendor on-boarding training
- Manages vendor loading in capacity process
- Monitors vendor performance and cost negotiation with vendors
- Manages and facilitates major claim settlement between customers and suppliers
- Executes the continuous improvement process for programs identified within his/her purview.
- Manages, trains & and coaches the team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and team-oriented in their work
- Merchandise Sourcing knowledge - Experience in sample development/production follow up and with direct factory production exposure; Good knowledge of construction and testing requirement
- Customer Impact & Business Acumen - proven capability in understanding financial measurements and implications to product development. Ability to understand the target customer and knowledge of product trends
- Planning & Execution - proven experience in plan, prioritize and adapt to change while achieving and maintaining results for multiple projects
- Problem Solver & Drive Results - can see a problem from multiple angles and provide viable, innovative options for resolution; successfully lead complex negotiations
- Talent Builder & Empowerment - experience in leading teams and developing talent
- Excellent Communicator - proven capability to communicate and present effectively in adaption to the audience needs.
Back to top