District Visual Manager - Long Island
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The District Visual Manager ensures the integrity of Gap Brand through consistent execution of merchandising direction within a district(s). The District Visual Manager exercises independent judgment and discretion in developing strategies to uphold the visual merchandising standards within a district(s). The District Visual Manager takes accountability for product and presentation direction; identifies needs, develops plans and follows up to ensure effective execution.
- Drives brand loyalty by ensuring exceptional customer experience through well-merchandised, visually engaging, brand appropriate environments throughout the district/market
- Ensures district(s) team understands the brand aesthetic; reinforces company goals and objectives at the store level
- Provides feedback/solutions, successes/opportunities regarding store presentations to store management, district manager(s) and regional visual manager
- Demonstrates a strong working relationship with store managers and demonstrates ability to challenge at this level to influence key visual decisions in stores
- Oversees the mapping, planning and implementation of all visual presentations within district(s); ensures the Visual Presentation Assessment (VPA) meets brand standards at OT or better
- Resolves store specific merchandising challenges that require adaptations based on store architecture, inventory levels, and business trends, in line with the presentation book and seasonal strategies; works 'hands on' with store teams
- Participates in store visits focusing on presentation standards, brand integrity and identifying business opportunities
- Manages and executes the development of the brand visual, merchandise and logistics team by providing in-the-moment coaching, training and feedback and actively facilitates the growth and career path of the Brand Experience Manager
- Coordinates and conducts field management merchandising workshops in partnership with the RVM and DM
- Develops creative merchandising solutions using brand filters to drive sales and margin
- Partners with DM to identify developmental opportunities relating to visual merchandising skills for GMs and BEMs
- Assists in the interviewing and selection of visual merchandising bench-strength
- Participates and supports the planning, executing and follow up of key rollouts and initiatives
- Leads all new store opens/remodels within the market
- Accountable for meeting yearly travel budget
- Excellent merchandising skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong functional leadership skills
- Able to influence and motivate others
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
- Ability to train and develop others
- Competition and industry aware, knowledge of market
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service when on the sales floor
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Retail management experience, including visual merchandising and presentation experience
- Travel will be required up to and including overnight stays
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top