District Manager - Michigan
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The District Manager is responsible for fostering and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment that drives business results, inspires customer loyalty and maintains a highly engaged team of field employees. The District Manager is responsible for aligning store teams to execute against and achieve Gap Brand strategies and business goals. The District Manager is responsible for empowering store leadership teams to effectively lead the day-to-day management of their stores within a market including customer experience, employee engagement, merchandising and operational excellence. The District Manager works with his/her "specialist" business partners to ensure store teams have the tools and resources needed to drive results and further grow their local market business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive financial results by creating localized business plans and holding GMs accountable to implement those plans
- Coach behaviors that inspire customer and employee loyalty and enable sound decision making by our store teams
- Establish and foster an optimistic, inclusive and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- Coach store leaders in the establishment of career and personal development plans
- Reward and recognize behaviors that drive results and contribute to the Brand Talent pipeline
- Ensure customers product needs and wants are met in a timely fashion; ensure our stores look amazing and product is readily available on our sales floors
- Leverage Specialist partners to not only identify areas of opportunity and potential solutions to drive results, but also to provide on the ground feedback, development and coaching to team
- Partner with HR, LP and Operations partners to ensure market has plans to identify and address people, profit and process opportunities
- Business Acumen
- Inspires and Motivates
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Others
- Practices Self-Development
- Collaboration and team work
- Innovation Management
- Champions change
- Drive for Results
- High Integrity and Honesty
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Reports to Regional Director
- Leads a group of General Managers within a Market
- Partners and collaborates with Specialists and Functional Managers
- Works closely peers throughout the brand
- 3 years multi-unit high volume, highly complex business experience preferred
- Four year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Multi-store leadership experience
- Ability to travel between stores
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top