District Manager - Great Plains
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
As a leader at Athleta, you are someone who thrives in a growth organization and excels at connecting with people, driving business results and building teams of people who are aligned to our mission. You practice a growth mindset through embracing challenges, persist in the face of setbacks, see effort as a path to mastery, learn from feedback and find inspiration in the success of others. Igniting a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
You are expected to live by and uphold Athleta'sPerformance Standard:
We expect a lot, and we all have skin in the game. Every day, each of us does what it takes to win through our leadership values and behaviors. We maintain an endless curiosity that enables us to learn and gain new insights to elevate "her" experience with us, and provide her with product that inspires her to realize the best version of herself. When we face challenges or failure, we have an unwavering determination to move ourselves and our teams forward. At Athleta, this is how we'll win and how each of us contributes to winning - Power of She.
- You have excellent leadership skills and you can motivate and inspire diverse teams.
- You are responsible for selecting and building a team to deliver excellence.
- You are accountable and can drive consistency and alignment across your portfolio of stores.
- You can assess all facets of the business and create appropriate action plans to achieve goals and you demonstrate the ability to navigate through ambiguous situations.
- You take calculated risks while being accountable for both successes and failures and you are able to clearly execute strategic initiatives to effectively manage a portfolio of stores.
- Learning Agility
- Talent Builder
- Drives for Results
- Actively leads implementation of brand initiatives by setting objectives, prioritizing and organizing resources to get things done
- Analyzes Area business trends and creates action plans to deliver desired results
- Models, nurtures and advances our culture by motivating and inspiring teams
- Makes timely, accurate and well thought out decisions
- Measures and monitors results to provide feedback, coaching and accountability
- Shares point of view and appropriately challenges the status quo.
- Engages with field Business Partners to support delivering on brand goals and strategies
- Attract, select and develops HIGH performing teams
- Develops talent through timely, honest and direct feedback and takes appropriate action
- Utilizes tools and resources to retain and develop a talent pipeline for future brand growth
- Cultivates an environment of community and high engagement
- Holds team and self-accountable to Athleta Performance Standard
- Builds a strong external network to fuel future growth and build our community
- Celebrates wins through the Brand rewards and recognition programs
- Creates an insertion into the community to build partnerships, new to brand traffic and brand awareness
- Leads and inspires a customer centric culture
- Ensures consistent utilization of the Athleta service model with every customer
- Ensure that stores consistently and accurately execute Athleta visual standards and style guide
- Maintains a disciplined culture of executing company operating procedures
- Five years multi-unit retail management experience or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to appropriately articulate your point of view
- Proven track record in talent development and delivering business results
- Proven organization skills with an ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing priorities
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required with ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top