District Manager - Alberta, North - Edmonton, Alberta
About the role
As a District Manager, you are responsible for leading a district of General Managers to create an environment that drives high performance, operational excellence, customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability through execution of all brand initiatives. You exercise independent judgment in creating plans to increase and constantly improve the entire district's business, while reducing the amount of variability between stores, as measured by the district P&L and other financial reports.
COMPETENCIES What you'll do
- Drives Results
- Learning Agility
- Talent Builder
- As a District Manager, you are part of a Regional and Territory team, while leading your own district of General Managers.
- You collaborate with regional partners in human resources, loss prevention and visual merchandising to make the best business decisions.
- You invest in building and maintaining relationships throughout the organization to provide further sources of productive collaboration and feedback to improve processes.
- You clearly articulate what good looks like in behavioral terms; you make calculated "build or buy" decisions on people, with supporting reasons and evidence, to identify whether you can develop internal people or must recruit and take action.
- You identify and use multiple ways to achieve goals in case of obstacles; plan for contingencies; identify opportunities in own area to contribute to the commercial success of the enterprise.
- You lead and inspire your team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Drive profitable sales through effective business analytics, identifying financial opportunities, aligning strategic direction to address and maximize business results/profitability.
- Lead effective store visits focused on business analysis, people, product, presentation and processes driving behaviors which enable a high performing team to consistently deliver best in class execution in all areas of the business.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain the best team to meet both short and long term business goals.
- Grow people's capabilities to build a talent pipeline for your District, Region, Territory, and the Brand.
- Effectively communicate and provide feedback with direct reports to empower team and build high performance.
- Rigorously follow up on and ensure implementation of initiatives to ensure planned results are achieved within financial and time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to: drive results; execute based upon company direction and business acumen; build high performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and welcome change.
- Demonstrated ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors.
- Minimum of 5+ years multi-unit, high volume, complex business leadership.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel overnight as required.
Back to top